The Town of Delphi is the home of approximately 850 inhabitants. It is built on the slopes of Mount Parnassos at an altitude of 570 meters and is situated within walking distance from the famous archaeological site.
Formerly the village was located on the archaeological site and was called Kastri. The transfer was combined with the renaming and took place in 1892 with the start of the excavations. Almost from the first days of its foundation, the village experienced significant tourism development and until today, this is the sector that employs the majority of the working population.
Among others, Delphi hosts the "European Cultural Centre of Delphi" as well as the "Delphic Festivals Museum" that was the home of Angelos and Eva Sikelianos who led a significant effort to revive the Delphic idea.